Sunday, June 13, 2010

A good friend/journalist/subject for the project gave me an interesting suggestion:

There's an exercise we used to do in the Female Sexuality workshop I facilitated where we would have two people sit across from each other, and the first would ask "Who are you?" repeatedly to the second for 1-2 minutes, and the second person would have to come up with original answers each time. After the obvious "I am a sister," "I am a woman," etc., some strange things would come out (i.e. "I am terrified of my next step in my life.")

I'm really excited to use this exercise on my subjects. I will be interviewing 2 people this Saturday, both my sister and a therapist and will try to this exercise on both of them and see what I come up with.

She also suggested talking to my subjects to give them a general idea of what I am looking for and what kinds of questions I am asking, which I've been doing generally but I will go a little further in depth with it before meeting with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment